We are truly fortunate to have Hon. Dave Hancock, QC, working with us and advising our board. Dave brings with him a wealth of experience in both the legal and political field and was recently appointed to Alberta’s provincial court where he serves as a judge in the Edmonton family and youth court. He previously served as Counsel with Dentons Canada LLP in their Government and Public Policy practice.
In addition to his practice in law, Dave was a Member of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta representing the constituency of Edmonton-Whitemudas as the Progressive Conservative MLA for over 17 years.
In 2014, Hancock served as the 15th Premier of Alberta. During his time in office, Dave also served as Minister of Intergovernmental and Aboriginal Affairs, Justice (Attorney General and Solicitor General), Advanced Education, Health and Wellness, Education, Human Services, Innovation and Advanced Education, and as Deputy Premier. Throughout that time he served on the Agenda & Priorities and Treasury Board committees of the Executive Council, and as vice chair or chair of the Legislation Review Committee and as Government House Leader.
Honors and Awards
- HonouraryDoctorate in Laws, University of Alberta, June 2015
- HonouraryDoctorate in Laws, Athabasca University, June 2015
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal 2012
- Canadian Psychiatry Association President’s Commendation, 2009
- HonouraryBachelor of Sciences, Olds College, 2005
- Alberta Centennial Medal 2005
- Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal 2002
- Ordrede la Francophonie Pleiade2000
- Mel Osborne Fellow -Kiwanis Club of South Edmonton/Kiwanis Foundation of Canada 1999
- Queen’s Counsel designation awarded 1995
- 125th Anniversary of the Confederation of Canada Medal 1992
Hon. Dave Hancock’s Letter of Support for the First Nations Education Foundation (FNEF)